A DIY HOMESTEAD PROJECTS GUIDE
BENEFITS OF GETTING A PROFESSIONAL CONSULT
- Ensure your system will work correctly out of the box, no gotchas
- Put to rest any concerns or questions you might have about your existing solar system or one in the planning
- Get a thorough engineering review, alongside detailed materials lists and electrical line diagrams for new installs
- Personalized spreadsheets that outline all the critical parameters of your system, from the solar panels to your main panel
Why get a consult?
This product is intended for those that have bought the solar basics course (though that’s not a requirement) but still have lingering questions. Maybe you’re not sure what panels to get, or how to setup your charge controller properly. With this product, you will get all that answered and more. I take my expertise as an engineer and installer of dozens of off-grid systems to help you make your system the best it can be. Doing off-grid solar the right way can take some effort, especially when there is a lot of conflicting information on the web and in various support forums.
I find many people are especially apprehensive about using Lithium-ion batteries for fear of damaging them or because they might believe in the various untrue or outdated myths that have been repeated time-and-time again on the internet. These included everything from charging parameters, longevity, fire hazards, to what a battery management system truly does. As an electronics engineer (and amateur radio operator) I know the scoop on what is actually going on in the real world, not hearsay, theory, or armchair spectating, but actual hands-on knowledge from experience building off-grid systems.
So let me help you avoid some of the common pitfalls along the way and hopefully educate you on some of the finer points of solar and electricity.
This package doesn’t have to be used all at once, you can spend an hour or two at the beginning getting things nailed down, then the rest once your system is installed and you need help commissioning it. If you still have time left over after everything is up and running, you can redeem it for future questions.
On the other hand, if you run out of time before you are out of questions, you can buy again to get another 4 hours. Alternatively, for larger or more complex projects I offer my services on an hourly basis, get in touch for details.
What you get
- 4 hours of personal consulting time with me, an electronics engineer and solar consultant about your solar system. This can either be by phone, email, or messenger app of your choice. With those 4 hours, I offer any of the services below depending on your particular needs:
- Electrical line diagrams of your system, as well as spreadsheets with all the parameters of your system, optimized and calculated, for reference or permitting usage
- Technical support for setting up lithium batteries with your charge controller or inverter to ensure safe operation
- An engineering review of an existing system, where I ensure that everything will work together efficiently and safely to make your system tip top
- General Q&A about anything related to solar, battery storage, or battery management systems
- A detailed material list, so that you can order your system’s components with confidence, knowing that they have been carefully selected and will all work together when they arrive
- Know the optimum angle and tilt for your array at your location
- How much power your array will generate each month and the min/max between Winter and Summer
- Get tips and tricks to make your particular build easier from someone who has actually wired a combiner and put panels on a roof
LIFE TIME SUPPORT
We are creating a community of DIY’ers who are on a mission to live the rugged individual life. Once having purchased this course you will have lifetime access to ask questions in the dashboard portal as you complete your project. If you ever run into any snags or have issues getting a project done, we are here to help you figure it out!
About the Author
Liam O’Brien is an electronics engineer, solar consultant, and amateur astronomer. Who, when not battling clouds in his home state of Connecticut, likes to design and build things for both the physical and digital world. He also has a passion for electric cars and off-grid living.
LET'S GET STARTED!
If you find out that this guide is not what you expected, we offer a 14-day money back guarantee because we don't want to waste your precious time and money. We also trust if you order any of our video courses, then you are ready for this commitment to self-sufficiency. We also trust that if you have any questions along the way that you will ask us for help.